- Date: Thursday, 15 July 2021 8:00 am > Monday, 23 August 2021 5:00 pm
- Location: The Asia Foundation, Cambodia
The Asia Foundation is a nonprofit international development organization committed to improving lives across a dynamic and developing Asia. Informed by six decades of experience and deep local expertise, our work across the region addresses five overarching goals—strengthen governance, empower women, expand economic opportunity, increase environmental resilience, and promote regional cooperation.
ABOUT THE INITIATIVE
The Australia’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) and The Asia Foundation (TAF) are collaborating on a five-year program Ponlok Chomnes: Data and Dialogue for Development in Cambodia to strengthen the capacity of Cambodian knowledge sector institutions to undertake quality research that informs public policy analysis and dialogue in Cambodia.
- Objective 1: Increase understanding of Cambodia’s knowledge sector;
- Objective 2: Strengthen the capacity and networking of established knowledge sector institutions;
- Objective 3: Support diverse emerging knowledge sector actors to promote inclusive policymaking; and
- Objective 4: Promote thoughtful and inclusive policy dialogue and analysis.
THE CALL: Fellowship Program for Fresh Graduate Alumni of DFAT’s Australian Awardees
Under Objective 4, the Ponlok Chomnes program will pilot a fellowship program for fresh graduates of DFAT’s Australian Awards scholarship program who have returned to Cambodia. At least four fellows will be targeted, per year, and they will be able to continue their research with Ponlok Chomnes Core Partner Institutions for a period of two or three months. Alumni will receive a stipend of $2,000 USD for the duration of the fellowship.
DECIDING WHETHER TO APPLY
To apply, applicants must meet all of the following basic eligibility criteria. Applications that do not meet ALL of these criteria WILL NOT be considered. Please refer to Expression of Interest for detail.
Basic Eligibility Criteria
- Cambodian citizen;
- Graduates of the Australian Awards Scholarship Program who have graduated in the past academic year;
- Area(s) of Interest including higher education, urbanization, agriculture and rural development, economic growth and development, foreign policy or international relations, empowerment of women and girls and marginalized communities or groups, social protection, and public policy.
APPLICATION PROCESS & FELLOWSHIP TIMELINE
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN THIS INITIATIVE?
During the fellowship, the alumni will be able to strengthen their research capacities and/or further refine their graduate work into different knowledge products (i.e. policy options, policy briefs, etc.). This will help alumni obtain further work experience in the knowledge sector, as well as to strengthen the evidence base in key policy areas.
Additionally, the alumni will have a chance to focus on their professional development, expand on their areas of academic interest, build on scholarly research, learn from Ponlok Chomnes’ core partners about their work and operations in the Cambodian context, and have access to a broad network of development partners and experts.
Each successful applicant will be placed at one of Ponlok Chomnes Core Partner Institutions based on their research area of interest, including:
During the fellowship, the alumni are expected to deliver the followings:
- Produce a policy brief/paper;
- Actively participate in policy talks or discussions co-organized by the Foundation and Core Partner Institution; and
- Submit a reflection paper/ fellowship report.
For more information, please contact:
The Asia Foundation
#59, Oknha Peich (Street 242)
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Tel: +855 (0)23 210 431