- Date: Wednesday, 15 January 2020 12:00 am > Sunday, 9 February 2020 12:00 am
- Location: The Asia Foundation
The Asia Foundation is a nonprofit international development organization committed to improving lives across a dynamic and developing Asia. Informed by six decades of experience and deep local expertise, our work across the region addresses five overarching goals—strengthen governance, empower women, expand economic opportunity, increase environmental resilience, and promote regional cooperation.
The Australia’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) and The Asia Foundation are collaborating on a three-year program Ponlok Chomnes: Data and Dialogue for Development in Cambodia to strengthen the capacity of Cambodian knowledge sector institutions to undertake quality research that informs public policy analysis and dialogue in Cambodia. Through this program, The Asia Foundation is working in partnership with several policy research Institutions and research organizations.
The Asia Foundation is committed to mainstreaming gender equality and social inclusion (GESI) strategies as an essential approach in maximizing inclusive development outcomes. The integration of Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) principles throughout research and policy processes is critical to ensure that the needs and experiences of all the Cambodian public including women, PWDs, and other marginalized groups are captured by the knowledge sector and can be considered in policymaking.
The Asia Foundation Cambodia is seeking to contract a training provider as individual or an institution to develop training curriculum and materials on GESI Strategy in Research and conduct one two-day training for Ponlok Chomnes program’s partners. The main purpose of the training are to provide our partners with practical GESI strategies, in conducting social research through-out the research process starting from planning, implementation to data analysis and recommendation. The training curriculum and material should focus on the practical examples of how a GESI perspective can be integrated into research work and the strategies to accomplish this. The training is expected to cover 15 classroom hours. The training provider is accountable to the Country Representative and are responsible for the followings.
Description of Responsibilities
The training provider will be responsible for:
- In consultation with program team, develop a 15-hour training curriculum and prepare training/reading material on developing a GESI strategy for research projects
- Conduct/Facilitate one, two-day training on GESI Strategy in Research for Ponlok Chomnes program’ partners (total seven partners), anticipate up to 20 participants to be trained.
- Develop pre and post-training evaluation form for participants to track training outcomes
- After the training, produce brief (5 page) training report which include training curriculum, training materials and based results of the pre/post questionnaire, identify knowledge gap to be addressed for future refresher or continued training.
The training provider will work to produce the following products:
- Develop two-day training curriculum, in a modular format and prepare supported training materials (February 2020);
- Conduct one two-day training for program’s partners (March 2020);
- Conduct pre and post training evaluation with participants (March 2020);
- Produce training report (March 2020).
The ideal training provider should meet the following criteria:
- Have advanced degree in the field of gender studies and social inclusion, political science, public policy, public administration, international development, and other related fields;
- At least five years of experience on research and GESI;
- At least five years of experience working with think tanks, research institutions, government, civil society, academia and private sector;
- At least five years of experience providing GESI related training to various institutions;
- Have strong understanding of local context;
- Have strong communication skills and ability to manage diverse stakeholders;
- Be able to work with various actors on a multi-cultural team;
- Be proficient in English.
The length of the consultancy is between of end of February and March 2020:
- 3 days for development of training curriculum and materials, pre and post training evaluation form, and training preparation (February 2020)
- 2 days for training including pre and post evaluation (March 2020)
- 1 day for training report (March 2020)
To apply for this consultancy, you are requested to submit the following;
- A Curriculum Vitae
- A concise cover letter explaining why you are qualified to do the work and your relevant experience against the requirements
- A sample of previous work that the applicant has produced.
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should be submitted by February 15 at 5:00pm local time with the subject line: “GESI Training Provider.” Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Asia Foundation
#59, Oknha Peich (Street 242)
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted