PUBLISHED: 27 August 2019
Reform Plan (2015-2018)
a. One service One Standard: a development in strengthening the quality of tourism industry in issuing tourism license, environmental logo, logo of quality, and drafting law and regulation. Under this direction, there are a few initiatives:
- Create training center on using online license system
- Create commission on solving tourism dispute
- Tour guide service:
- Create online system to create to manage tour guide service
- Encourage the inspection on tour guide service at local level through QR code in Phnom Penh and in Siem Reap
- Create license management on tour guide at national level
- Travel agencies and tourism operators:
- Implement new Prakas dividing travel agency into four types, including incoming, outgoing travel agency and local tourism.
- Study and create a system to manage tour operators.
- Boost competition of Samdech Techo for green businesses in the tourism sector.
- Adult entertainment center service:
- Cooperate with Ministry of Environment to boost local tourism business
- Hotel and tourist accommodation: continue boosting standardized “Cambodia Guesthouse” and “Cambodia Guesthouse, Khmer Guesthouse” campaign; as well as implement standard of “Asean Green Hotel”
b. One Employee One Expertise: is a development made in strengthening quality of training and capacity of tourism professionals:
- manage and recognize tourism vocational school
- provide training to match Asean standard
- Train the senior trainers and promote in-house training
- Training of tour guides at national and local level
- Cooperate with AFD to open two Tourism Vocational Training Schools in Phnom Penh and Sihanoukville
- Strengthen the training in good hospitality
c. Creative and Innovative Tourism Product: is a development in strengthening on the capacity in promoting Cambodia tourism, preparing work related to the development of tourism product, and managing tourism resorts:
- Strengthen capacity on promoting Cambodia tourism:
- Prepare Cambodia Tourism market strategy 2016-2020
- Have joined many international tourism exhibitions
- Special policies to attract tourists, retirees and second housing policies to attract visitors
- work related to tourism product development and management of tourist resorts:
- prepared draft of standard of green resort
- prepare Prakas on resort ranking in Phnom Penh and Siem Reap
- draft on training for managing tourism resort
- draft guidelines on the development of resort tourism in protected areas
- cooperate with the Ministry of Economy and Finances to draft Prakas on the management of revenues and expenses from the tourist resorts
- Prakas of granting tourism business license business tourism (underwater diving)
- Prepare master development plan of Anlong Veng
- Draft the standard of Tourist Information Center, draft of Cambodia MICE standard, draft of standard management of beaches etc…
d. The Use of Information Technology in Tourism Sector: aims to increase the regional and global competitiveness, participates in public reform of the royal government, promotes tourism sector in Cambodia, and increases national income:
- organized an online registration for tourism licenses,(www.cambodiatourismindustry.org)tour guide registration system and portal in order to simplify the search for information, knowledge, and training for tour guide.
- organized a green business competition of Samdach Hun Sen (www.cambodiaecobusiness.org) and online hotel classification system(www.cambodiatourismrating.org).
- The Ministry is also organizing mobile application “Kampuchea Guide (Visit Cambodia)” for local and international tourists.